The Chestnut Hill training program is aimed at providing every rider with an individualized program to help them meet their goals. Whether it’s a child’s first pony lesson, an adult’s first time in the tack since childhood, or an experienced rider preparing for a big medal final, “excellence built on basics,” is at the core of the program.
Beverly and her assistant, Shannon Beck, oversee every aspect of training, horse care and stable management along with full-time, well trained grooms. The team works closely with top veterinarians, farriers, body and dental work specialists to ensure that the horses are happy, in optimum health and able to perform at their peak comfortably and happily.
Chestnut Hill competes at conveniently located shows in Northern California, as well as a nice assortment of bigger shows in Southern California. This approach allows each client to create a plan that works for their schedule, and their budget.
Training and lessons at home continue throughout the year, regardless of the Chestnut Hill show schedule. In addition to the well-groomed outdoor ring, a large, well-lit indoor ring makes riding possible throughout the year. Horses also benefit from having access to year-round turnout paddocks, a Game Ready Equine System and a Centurion Magnetic Blanket, neck and foot pads – all of which are included at no extra charge in the Chestnut Hill training package.
A strong believer in continuous education for herself and her riders, Beverly also strives to bring in top flight clinicians throughout each year.
What Does it Cost?
Care and Training
All horses are required to be in Full Care & Training.
Full Care & Training is $1,150/month and includes the following:
- Three lessons and two schooling rides per week
- Grooming, tacking and untacking horse for lessons and schooling rides, lunging, after lesson/schooling care of horse and tack, daily turnout and blanketing
- Laundry service, feeding lunch and supplements, administering medications, bandaging, arranging and assisting vet, farrier and physical therapy visits
- Basic medical, grooming and tack cleaning supplies as well as show preparation trims and mane pulls
Full body clips (payable directly to groom) are $175.
Supplemental lunch feed is $80/month.
We are lucky enough to offer a treadmill program for our horses for a fee of $300/month.
Chestnut Hill is located at the beautiful Edgemont Farms in Petaluma, CA. Board at Edgemont Farms is $950/month.
Unlike many show barns in the area, Chestnut Hill not only provides lessons with a reliable horse or pony, it welcomes those who are just learning to ride and do not have their own mount.
- Group lessons with a Chestnut Hill horse or pony – $100/hour
Horse Show Charges
- Day Care (for horses in Chestnut Hill training): includes schooling rides, coaching and comprehensive supervision of horse and rider – $75/day
- Set up fee: includes equipment use and supplies necessary for setting up and grooming – $40/horse
*A percentage of trainer expenses will be charged per horse.
Buying, Selling and Lease Commissions
- Charge on the lease, sale or purchase of a horse or pony – 15%
- Finder’s fee on care/feed lease – $1,000